For many years the Applanix POS MV has been our most popular MBES position and orientation ancillary sensor. The POS MV OceanMaster is the latest version and is a user-friendly, turnkey system designed and built to provide accurate attitude, heading, heave, position, and velocity data of your marine vessel and onboard sensors. POS MV is proven in all conditions, and is the georeferencing and motion compensation solution of choice for the hydrographic professional.
POS MV blends GNSS data with angular rate and acceleration data from an IMU and heading from the GPS Azimuth Measurement System (GAMS) to produce a robust and accurate full six degrees-of-freedom position and orientation solution.
The standard rental system consists: PCS (processor and GPS receiver), IMU (inertial sensor), 8m IMU to PCS cable, 2 x GPS antenna, 2 x 15m antenna cable, laptop computer and controller software.
Options available: IP68 IMU housing, Fixed IMU mounting plate, Longer IMU and antenna cables.
- New European IP 68 IMU = no export restrictions.
- Exceptional performance under all dynamic conditions.
- Measures true heading, roll, pitch at all latitudes and dynamic conditions.
- Provides almost instantaneous reacquisition of RTK following GPS signal loss.
- Very low noise L1 and L2 carrier phase measurements.
- Maintains heading accuracy in a high multipath environment and in areas of poor GPS availability.
- Automatic initialization upon power-up, following a one-time calibration.
- Superior low-elevation tracking performance regardless of latitude.
- Marinestar™ Capable.