The K-Chirp Model 3310 SPB is a “Chirp” sub bottom profiler attachment for the Model 3000 Side Scan Sonar. It mounts directly to the Model 3210 Side Scan towfish and uses the existing physical connections and electrical communications to accommodate this added capability. This option takes advantage of the existing Model 3000 sidescan hardware.
The Model 3310 SBP consists of a subsea assembly which contains the transmit projectors, receive hydrophone, and SBP electronics. There are separate transmit and receive elements. These components are enclosed in a fiberglass shroud with an integrated support structure to allow for combined transducer/electronics mounting and towing. The Model 3210 tow vehicle is installed into the rear portion of the shroud assembly where it interconnects with the SBP electronics through a jumper cable. The amplifier is able to modulate both amplitude and phase of the transmit waveform for pulse lengths up to 30msec and resolution to 12.5cm.
- High resolution sub bottom profile imaging.
- Utilises a Klein 3210 sidescan as a host.
- 2-8kHz swept pulse (chirp), 1kW peak output.
- Displayed alongside sidescan data on free issue SDF, XTF, SEG-Y SonarPro software.
- SDF, XTF, SEG-Y data output.