Our Flange Weld Testers provide accurate localised pressure testing of new flange welds – a key benefit during pipeline modifications and old pipework repairs.
That's because they only test the new weld and not the whole system. Pressure testing of an old line can lead to confusing results given the potential for other leak paths, particularly on lots of other fittings. Special angled testers are also available for flanges fitted on bends.
Use of the tool minimises the test system limits and reduces the time required to undertake maintenance or modification work. Typically supplied with a patented Posi-Seal, the Weld Testers can also be supplied with patented 'tyre'-type seals, ideal for testing when ovality and heavy pitting of the pipeline need to be overcome.
Every Weld Tester is fully engineered for the specific application, ensuring that it is a safe and appropriate solution.
A full range of standard Flange Weld Testers are available in sizes up to 36”, compatible with common pipe schedules and flange configurations up to Class 2500. They can be custom designed to suit specific application for higher pipe sizes, with the option of hydraulic and mechanical actuation.
- Reduced plant operation downtime and consequent revenue stream constraints.
- Reduced modification labour time.
- Fast, easy installation and testing.
- Faster pipe repairs and retrofits.
- Improved Seal-to-Pipe Clearance: Plug can be easily installed and removed, even where there is severe weld protrusion.
- Low water requirements resulting in less waste water.
- Rugged, heavy-duty construction.
- Versatile: Seal and washer sets easily change to accommodate different pipe schedules.