Our Hot Tap Tees have been used successfully in thousands of hot tapping operations around the world. Consisting of a full-encirclement fitting and a weld-neck flange, our hot tap tees are designed and manufactured to ensure the integrity of the piping system. Our full-encirclement fittings feature extruded outlets for branch sizes up to 48" NPS. We also provide fabricated branches for larger sizes. There are several advantages to using extruded outlet fittings; including the ability to design reinforcement into the nozzle and the elimination of the weld between the header and the branch, which is difficult to radiographically inspect. Typically the mating flange is ASME Class 150, 300, or 600; although, other pressure classes and flange styles are available upon request.
ASTM A105 Flanges & A234 WPB Tees
Our standard hot tap tees are designed to meet the requirements of ASME B31.3 and B31.4/8 with a 0.72 design factor. The standard tee material is A234 Grade WPB or WPC with A105 flanges. Other tee materials like MSS SP75 WPHY XX, ASTM A 862 and flange materials like A694 F XX are available to match customer requirements and existing pipeline materials.
All hot tap tees are manufactured in accordance with our ISO 9001:2008 quality program and are compatible with major models of hot tapping equipment. In compliance with most pipeline design codes, all pressure containing welds are 100% radiographed.
We also offer Mechanical Fittings, which are used where in-service welding is not advisable, or undesirable.
Mechanical fittings may be used for making hot taps on pipelines and mains provided they are designed for the operating pressure of the pipeline or main, and are suitable for the purpose.
Design: ASME B31.1, B31.3, ASME B31.4 & B31.8, ASME Sec. VIII Div.1 & 2.
Fabrication: ASME Sec. VIII Div.1.
Welding: ASME Sec. IX.
NDT: ASME Sec. V.
Relies on seal for pressure retention.
The mechanical fittings normally uses elastomer seals. They are generally considered as temporary fitting, however, have been used as permanent fitting for Cast/Ductile Iron Gas and Water Piping at low pressure and ambient temperatures.
Also, occasionally applied on very thin wall piping.
Bolted fittings are generally limited to ANSI Class 150, sizes up to 24” pipe size. However other styles are commercially available for higher-pressure applications.
Hot Tap Tee Features
- Full branch or reduced branch fittings for use in hot tapping operations.
- Supplied with ASME Class 150, 300, 600 flanges with raised face or RTJ grooves.
- Other flange classes available on request.
- Tee available with a butt weld outlet, ready to be welded to a valve or other fitting.
- Standard fittings meet the requirements of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.4/B31.8 with a 0.72 design factor.
- Fittings with outlets through 36" NPS utilize extruded outlets, which allows for 100% radiographic examination and eliminates the stress risers inherent in welded type tees.
- Compatible with all major models of hot tapping equipment.
- All pressure containing welds are 100% radiographed.
- Back-up strips available.
- Manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 certified quality program.