The Helicoid Epoxy Sleeve™ system is, simply, the most cost effective pipeline strengthening and protection system around.
An advanced technological solution that's proven its capabilities in every previous installation, it combines the best of both epoxy sleeve repairs and composite wrapping technology.
It's certified as 'permanent' and designed for quick and simple on-line installation. That means major savings on your riser and conductor repairs – and many years of extended service life.
The Helicoid Epoxy Sleeve™ is a helically wound, carbon re-reinforced, mechanically interlocking PE or PTFE strip. It allows an annulus of approximately 25mm to 35mm around the pipe to be filled with an epoxy or cementitious grout, to deliver outstanding strengthening and protection performance.
The sleeve can be installed to risers up to 3m below MSL, in diameters from 150mm to 600mm and up to a length of 10m in one single application. It's a diver-less operation that doesn't require a facility shutdown.
In short, it's the smarter option when it comes to strengthening pipelines and risers.
The Helicoid Epoxy Sleeve™ has been designed, tested and certified in accordance with the ASME PCC-2 and is an approved repair system under the ASME 31.4 and ASME 31.8 for repairs of external wall thinning, dents and gouges.
Other key benefits:
• Above water and subsea installation
• Corrosion resistant
• Impact resistant
• Temperatures up to 120 degrees Celsius
• Marine growth resistant
• Multiple sleeves to accommodate extended length
• Independent third party verification by Lloyd’s Register and tested in accordance with ASME PCC-2-2006, “Repair of Pressure Equipment and Piping”
• Fibre Nature: Carbon Fibre, Torayca T700 SC
• Fibre Direction: Uni-directional, pultruded
• Flexural Strength (ASTM D 790): 1480 N/mm2
• Flexural Modulus (ASTM D 790): 89000 N/mm2
• Tensile Strength (ASTM D 3039): 2350 N/mm2
• Tensile Modulus (ASTM D3039): 140,000N/mm2
• Elongation at break (ASTM D 3039): 0.8 %
• Poisson Ratio: 0.2
• Density: 1750 kg/m3
• Chemical family: Epoxy
• Compressive Strength (ASTM C 109): 100 N/mm2
• Compressive Modulus (ASTM C 109): 2100 N/mm2
• Flexural Strength (ASTM D 790): 26 N/mm2 @ 7 days
• Tensile Strength (ASTM D 638):14 N/mm2 @ 7 days
• Coe. of Therm. Exp. (ASTM D 351): 28.1 x10 3
• Bond Strength to Steel (UW) (ASTM D 4541)>10.5 MPa
• Deflection Temp (ASTM D 648): 83 degrees C