From a small enterprise employing just three people, we’ve grown to become a global business – with our 500-strong workforce of today at its heart. New opportunities to become part of our success story arise all the time. Explore how you can contribute – and realise your own professional ambitions.
Unique by name, Unique by nature
- With bases and operations around the world – and a highly diverse service portfolio – the depth and breadth of opportunities with Unique Group is unrivalled in our market
- As an independent company that fosters fresh thinking and embraces new ideas, we offer a platform from where you can make your mark in your specialist sector
- Our people are playing their part in creating a new energy world – they’re energised by the opportunity to help safeguard our planet
“At Unique Group, there is nothing I love more than working with other engaged individuals towards a common goal. I love being part of a team that is collaborative, hardworking and resourceful.”
Memorex De Guzman
“The Unique experience provides a diversity of opportunity working with great talents and skills globally.
A breath of learning opportunity, camaraderie, fun and challenges keeps me motivated at the same time.”
“For me, there’s no better place to work than Unique Group. I have great colleagues and there’s a real spirit of support and cooperation.”
“I feel honoured to work for a busy and creative organisation such as Unique group, here people are friendly and welcoming. I have learnt a lot from this company and hope to learn more in the future. I work with some of the brightest and most hard-working people who push the limits even further for our organisation. Every day is a new opportunity for me to learn and grow in my professional life.”
“When I joined Unique Group more than two decades ago, I never imagined being here for so long. But after all these years, I am still going strong with Unique Group, whose USP is the family atmosphere. I have also had the good fortune to learn and grow under the able mentorship of Harry Gandhi, who scaled the company from a small start-up of 3 people and grew it exponentially to what it is today.”
“Unique Group is a workplace where my colleagues feel like family to me, especially in my department. Over the years, I have grown professionally and personally – learned various skills and completed major projects and tasks.”
“At Unique Group, you have the opportunity to learn new ideas from different individuals within the company and it helps you grow and evolve.”
“Unique Group is a great place to work where one can grow personally and professionally. The company has given me the opportunity and courage to meet new challenges and live with pride.”
“I like that at Unique Group all the employees are warm and willing to help each other, the management team is also friendly and has an open door policy. Additionally, I like that the company gives me flexi time and work from home options as well as performance bonus.”
Responsible for the servicing and maintenance of Seaflex buoyancy and ballast rental equipment and the supervision and development of team members ensuring equipment availability whilst maintaining a culture of safety and quality.
Responsibilities + Duties:
• Ensure all workshop technicians are supervised, trained, and assigned appropriate tasks.
• Manage stock levels so that workshop is well equipped and have facilities in place to ensure proper function.
• Ensure all equipment is maintained to a high standard, calibrated as required, and supporting records and documentation are up to date
• Hold monthly safety toolbox talks for all workshop staff.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices in the workshop.
• Ensure all documentation is maintained and up to date and communicated to relevant staff.
• Ad-hoc tasks including, organising of building maintenance, vehicle checks, vehicle booking service and any other tasks or activities as required.
• Review and carry out relevant Risk Assessments for workshop environment and activities.
• Active commitment to QHSE, including compliance with QHSE Policies, and supporting documentation, as well as adhering to and reporting to management on relevant aspects of the QHSE Management System.
• STOP an activity, at any time, if believed to be unsafe or failing to meet the relevant QHSE requirements.
Qualifications + Experience:
• Supervisory and leadership
• Health and Safety
• Driving Licence
• Understanding of inspection of lifting accessories advantageous
• Forklift license is advantageous
• Customer focused
• Flexible approach to tasks and roles
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• Able to effectively communicate to all levels
• Organised and able to work to tight deadlines
• Enthusiastic quick learner
Responsible for controlling the hire desk using Microsoft D365.
Responsibilities + Duties:
• Deal with all telephone enquiries/orders from customers and provide information on equipment as required.
• Liaise with the Workshop to ensure equipment availability.
• Upkeep of all certification records.
• Production of hire/sales quotations (UK/Overseas), input into CRM/D365 and follow up accordingly.
• Mobilise/demobilise equipment on hire as per arrangements with customers.
• Organise inspections, repairs, and return shipment for all customer repairs.
• Liaise with other depots to source equipment if it is not available at own location.
• Ensure the timely issue of all Rental proforma Invoices as soon as jobs complete, ready to be invoiced by accounts department.
• Assist with resolving invoice queries, establishing good relations with clients & finance.
• Support with credit control; investigating rejected invoices and resolving discrepancies/reasons for rejection.
• Liaise with the Isle of Wight factory regarding the raising of POs for stock items within D365 and goods receipt.
• Arrange transportation of equipment including import/export when necessary.
• Ensure D365 is up to date with current stock/new stock as required.
• Active commitment to QHSSE, including compliance with QHSSE Policies, and supporting documentation contained within the IMS, as well as adhering to and reporting to management on all aspects of the QHSSE Management System.
• STOP an activity, at any time, if believed to be unsafe or failing to meet the relevant QHSSE requirements.
• Carry out general administration duties and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary from the Operations Manager.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar role
• Lifting equipment knowledge
• Familiarity with CRM and D365 systems
• High competency in MS applications
• Strong time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Senior Survey Electronics Technician
The Senior Survey Electronics Technician position will specialize in providing technical support to our customers and Technicians on all Unique Group owned Survey Equipment, offering the latest technology from the word’s top manufacturers. Primary functions are that equipment is prepared, labeled, tested, calibrated and ready to be delivered to our clients. Implement Quality Assurance protocols for rental equipment procedures. Provide advanced training on Survey Equipment to Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to clients and Survey Technicians
- Perform functional testing, routine, and non- routine testing/analyzing using defined and documented procedures of individual electronics
- Train Survey Electronics Technicians on existing survey equipment
- Assist in recommending design or modification of analytical processes, equipment, or procedures
- Provide guidance to technicians and ensure they are following company procedures
- Complete all work orders through our ERP system
- Ensure mobilized equipment is accurately labeled and presented professionally
- Must ensure that all equipment is tested and fully functional and properly documented
- Conduct functional test on received equipment IAW Workshop procedures
- Inspect and document any fault or missing equipment
- Must verify and examine equipment to meet manufacturing standards and specifications
- All equipment or inventory must be stored correctly and safety and ensure accurac
- Ensure accuracy of inventory data in Dynamics 365
- Follow guideline for inventory control that is used for spares and consumables
- Report any shortages with equipment or concerns
- Sign off on training/competencies as required
- Responsible for verifying that equipment is within calibration specifications
- Must follow and enforce company QHSE policies and industry standards
- Follow processes as given by company risk assessments and to be carried out accordingly
- Housekeeping/maintenance of equipment in workshop and stores
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Extensive experience with Survey Electronic equipment (Hydrographic/Geophysical/Oceanographic/Positioning/Inspection/Repair/Maintenance)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marine Survey Industry related to Oil and Gas
- Must have soldering experience
- Must read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and have high attention to details and comprehension
- Must have excellent, interpersonal, problem-solving, organisation, communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs,sit, use hands to handle, grasp, pull; reach with hands and arms climb, maneuver while balancing and carrying objects
- Must have experience supervising, guiding and training personnel
Life Support Systems Design Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design of life support equipment and systems (Gas, Fluid and hydraulic) in accordance with requirements of the relevant statutory guidelines and 3rd party codes & standards (IMCA, ABS, DNV, LR, etc.)
- Develop concept design to facilitate proposals and perform budget costings.
- Perform calculations and compile design reports for:
Life support systems design and analyses from first principles.
Non-compressible and compressible flow applications from first principles and software analysis.
Heat transfer applications from first principles and software analysis.
Steady and transient states.
- Produce P&ID / schematic logic drawings and manufacturing drawings as required (Gas, Fluid and hydraulic).
- Produce SolidWorks designs, conceptual drawings and manufacturing drawings as required.
- Lead junior designers and draftsman in the design of life support systems and approve designs, design reports and drawings.
- Manage sub-contracted designs and integrate design inputs from them.
- Read and interpret:
3rd party codes, standards, and associations such as IMCA, ABS, DNV, LR, IMO, ASME, EN, SABS, ISO etc.
Local and international directives / standards / regulations / legislative requirement
Technical drawings, specifications/data sheets, data books, procedures & policies, work standards, test documentation
- Liaise with 3rd party and resolve technical queries and/or comments throughout the design life cycle and production/manufacturing phases of the project.
- Review, Approve and Produce testing and validation documentation: FAT’s, HAT’s, SAT’s, Inspection Reports, ITP’s (including necessary technical drawings/diagrams).
- Liaise and work closely with Production, Project, HSE and QA/QC Management teams in execution of duties
- Software: SolidWorks AutoCAD, Mathcad, Pipe Flow Analysis, MS Office, MS D365 (ERP).
- Experience with Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
Qualification & Skills:
- 5 years’ experience in process & instrumentation system design.
- 5 years’ experience in design applications of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics.
- 3 years’ experience in design of medical devices / life support systems.
- 2 years’ experience in AutoCAD process & instrumentation (P&ID) drafting.
- 2 years’ experience is SolidWorks modelling and drafting.
- High level of aptitude and experience in the principles of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics.
- High level of technical competency in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering design and analysis.
- Hands-on experience in assembly and operation of life support machinery.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team environment, under pressure, manage multiple tasks, and be goal oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Position may require international travel.
Functional Consultant (D365 CE/Power Automate)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Microsoft Dynamics CE and other related sales support (user setups, profiles and roles, reports, and dashboards, customize features, fields, record types, etc.) and support/collaborate with sales and sales operations.
- Create, maintain, and customize CE page layouts, build custom workflow, familiarity with validation rules, event triggers, email alerts, common record types, and maintain existing workflow processes within CE
- Develop new and manage existing integrations across all supported internal Enterprise System applications that connect to the CE platform.
- Work with sales, sales support, and other internal departments to understand their business objectives.
- Eager to learn and implement New Processes, Developing Power BI Dashboards and Power Automate functionalities in UG companies
- Supports marketing related activities, flow, using integration between Dynamics CE and Hubspot.
- Job will include proactive requirements gathering, Scope defining, Mapping, perform QA & QC test, developing Power BI Dashboard
Qualification & Skills
- 3+ Years’ experience with D365 CE
- Certification in Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in implementing CE systems
Unique Group is looking for a Quality Engineer to come and join our highly efficient, skilled team of people, motivated by service excellence and continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, career-minded individual, with a strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork who preferably possesses a relevant bachelor’s degree, or relevant BTech / Advanced Diploma / National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering, with more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role and closely related industry.
Key Responsibilities – amongst others and not limited to:
- Analyse deficiencies, contribute to the quality management system, and support the execution of the company quality strategy
- Quality inspections/interventions during the product realisation process
- Review, approve and produce testing and validation documentation: FATs, HATs, SATs, Inspection Reports, Quality Control Plans, ITPs (including necessary technical drawings/diagrams)
- Conduct and oversee testing & validation activities
- Liaise with AIA (Approved inspection authority) and resolve technical queries and/or comments during testing and validation activities
- Improve and enhance the in-house test equipment, work standards, and methodologies
- Review technical/manufacturing drawings for technical correctness and manufacturability and provide feedback
- Risk identification, problem-solving & investigation - conduct root cause investigations and develop and implement corrective or preventative actions
- Read and interpret: 3rd party codes, standards, and associations such as IMCA, ABS, DNV, LR, IMO, ASME, EN, SABS, ISO etc; local and international directives / standards / regulations / legislative requirement; technical drawings, specifications/data sheets, data books, procedures & policies, work standards, test documentation
- Provide training / feedback to technical staff regarding codes / directives / standards / regulations / legislative requirement
- Software: MS Office, MS AX Dynamics (ERP)
- Liaise and work closely with Engineering, Production, Projects, HSE and QA/QC Management teams in execution of duties
Additional Skills Required:
- Good understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 45001
- Attention to detail to ensure that products are being designed, manufactured, tested, and dispatched to required specifications
- Math skills to use principles of statistics, calculus, trigonometry, and related topics for assessment and troubleshooting
- High level of technical competency in the fundamentals of mechanical engineering design and manufacturing
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic team environment, under pressure, manage multiple tasks, and be goal-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work overtime when required
- The position may require international travel
Experience would be advantageous:
- Lean manufacturing methodologies
- Qualitative & quantitative analysis
- HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment)
- Failure Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Software: SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Exposure to ISO 13485
A market-related package is on offer. Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deliveries by hand to the HR office at Unique Hydra, 152 Gunner Circle, Epping. All applications must contain certified copies of relevant certificates and at least 3 contactable work references. If you have not had any response in two weeks from the date of publication, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups as per the company’s Employment Equity Policy and
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and Execute Offshore/onshore jobs of the Survey Division
- Monitor mobilisation, and demobilisation of equipment
- Support clients for their equipment commissioning, servicing, and certification
- Job allocation to service engineers / Organize day-to-day activity of team members
- Processing and resolving Customer Complaints
- Responsible for overall warehouse function and performance
- Ensures all equipment is maintained and calibrated to a high standard, and to meet the deadlines required
- Inspection and approval of In-house/External equipment
- Develop and deliver various reports – Customer reports and updates, Progress reports/Financial reports/HSE reports
- Provide technical training to service engineers
- Manages stock levels so that warehouse is well equipped and have facilities in place to ensure proper function
- Supervise annual/half yearly stock audit of warehouse
- Participate in HSE audit and submit close-out report
Qualification & Skills:
- BE/B Tech– Electronics & Communication or Instrumentation & Communication
- 10 years of experience in the Hydrographic Survey industry
- Should have the knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, handling survey equipment - hydrographic / bathymetric equipment / oceanographic / environmental / geophysical, geotechnical / positioning and telemetry system / RTK DGPS system / ROV inspection class
- Good Communication skills
- Conversant with MS office tools like M.S Word, M.S Excel, M.S Powerpoint
Senior Project Accountant
Relevant qualification in Project Costing and Management Accounting and certified CPA. MBA is strongly advantageous.
At least 10 years of proven experience
- with BI Reporting and Costing for a Multi-national /Group with subsidiary companies, preferably in the Manufacturing or Oil and Gas industry
- Project Cost & Management Accounting
- Financial Reporting and analysis
Key performance areas but not limited to the following
- Provide financial, commercial, and analytical support to various departments and subsidiaries to ensure efficient project costing and manufacturing costing/ quotation/ sales processes
- Conduct project and manufacturing financial and operational analysis reports on all relevant cost areas together with variances e.g., Raw material costings, Packaging cost, Production & yield analysis, cost of production, overhead etc
- Guide, develop and maintain the project and cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organisations
- Prepare, review and analysis of Weekly Management Accounts and maintain various relevant dashboards
- Ensure the full stock control function within the organisation are delivering accurate reconciled information feeding into the management accounts
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation
- Management and development of costing staff to ensure optimisation of Key Performance Indicators
- Manage costing-related system changes and system updates
- Assist CFO with ad hoc projects
- Analysing project and manufacturing operations, equipment availability and utilisation
- Performing month-end cost accounting close
- Maintaining cost accounting system and cost ledger
- Performing life cycle cost-benefit analysis
- Analysing inventory valuations
- Monitoring unit cost variance
- Preparing cost of goods sold and production reports
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and annual project reporting in line with group reporting standards and deadlines
- Defining various product and operational costs
- Developing depreciation schedule
- Implementing cost standards for materials and labour
- Assistance in the preparation of the monthly reporting packages & other reports/inquiries from Head office
- Interaction with other departments in order to resolve issues arising from postings
- Management and reconciliation of group project accounts and follow-up on the intercompany mismatches if any
- Evaluate manufacturing costs and prepares regular reports comparing standard predicted costs to actual project / production costs
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of projects, products or services
- Make estimates of new and proposed project product costs
- Assist in planning, developing, controlling, and forecasting the manufacturing budget
- Assist management with building an annual manufacturing budget for the company.
Additional Skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding team working/building abilities
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Staff management and leadership skills
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to travel internationally and on short notice
- Strong systems knowledge with Advanced Excel, Microsoft Business Intelligence Reporting, Microsoft D365 and ERP systems
- Possess an analytical mindset for the purpose of solving problems using well-proven strategic approaches to identifying resolution
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational skills and proven ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities
- Clear credit record, clear career history with contactable references and must be an RSA citizen
A market-related package is on offer. The Company pays a Total Cost to Company Package.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com, or deliver by hand to the HR office at Unique Group, 152 Gunner Circle, Epping, Cape Town, South Africa.
All applications must contain certified copies of relevant certificates and at least 3 contactable work references.
If you have not had any response in two weeks from the date of application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing date for submissions: 19 August 2022.
Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups as per the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan.
Area Sales Representative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining client relationships
- Must meet or exceed the sales targets as assigned
- Must follow up on customer quotes and perform a lost job cause analysis
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing new opportunities and leads within the market
- Must research independently and provide analysis report and market trends
- Must attend and provide company representation at trade shows and sales conferences
- Must prepare quarterly, monthly and weekly sales reports
- Adherence to BMS administrative processes and procedures
- Adherence to Quality Assurance and Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assignments by management
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales (overhead crane, shipyard work and/or marine industry is a plus)
- Must be able to apply and understand profit and loss, job costing, percentages, and basic accounting math
- Ability to read and interpret documents, spreadsheets, and procedural manuals
- Ability to prioritise duties and meet deadlines
- Efficient with Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and have high attention to detail and comprehension
- Must have excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, organisation, and communication skills
- Requires up to 60% traveling
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and some lifting of fewer than 15 lbs
Trainee Operations Coordinator
Key Result Areas:
- Assist in raising, checking and tracking all sales orders and hire jobs from point of order up to equipment return
- Accurate and timely processing of paperwork to ensure effective tracking of all hire equipment
- Liaise with workshop to promptly close out any issues relating to receipt/despatch
- Assist in organising despatch of all deliveries, raising all required documentation including customs/export control requirements and liaising with couriers/freight forwarders as required
- Upkeep all customs/export control records
- Tracking the export/import of goods to ensure delays are quickly identified
- Liaise with couriers/freight forwarders regarding return equipment shipments and imports
- Ensure Import and Export declarations completed on behalf of Unique Group are received, accurate and correct
- Liaise with the finance department on client invoicing
- Assist with month-end client invoicing
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the office
- Active commitment to QHSSE, including compliance with QHSSE Policies, and supporting documentation contained within the IMS, as well as adhering to and reporting to management on all aspects of the QHSSE Management System
- STOP an activity, at any time, if believed to be unsafe or failing to meet the relevant QHSSE requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proficient IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and experience with ERP systems an advantage
- Working knowledge of customs and export control requirements is advantageous
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Flexible approach to tasks and roles
- Willingness to learn
- To consistently work to all Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards applicable to Unique Group
- Comply with Unique Group’s QHSE Management System
- Promote a positive QHSE culture at the workplace.