The primary function of the Bell Load Monitor is to monitor the dynamic loads applied to a
Bell’s LARS and to alert the Operator when the loads have reached or exceeded the safe operating limits for the system. The system comprises of multiple interconnected components and equipment to operate.
The system measures, records and displays the parameters listed below:
• Real time load applied to the Main Wire Rope
• Maximum Load applied since reset.
• Maximum damped load applied since reset.
• Bell distance travelled (Bell Wire Counter)
• Clump Weight distance travelled (Guide Wire Counter)
• Umbilical distance (Umbilical Wire Counter)
• The Roll angle of the vessel
• The Pitch angle of the vessel
• The Heave of the Bell L&R system
• The ambient air temperature
• The temperature of the deck mounted PLC enclosure.
Power Source: 100 – 240Vac 50/60Hz