Kongsberg cNode® Maxi: Transponders
cNODE® is a family of transponders for underwater acoustic positioning and data link and operates with both HiPAP®, HPR and cPAP® transceivers. The Medium frequency (MF) cNODE® family consists of the following types,each with a separate product specification sheet:
• cNODE® Maxi and cNODE® Midi (Medium frequency, 4000 m)
• cNODE® Mini (Medium frequency, 4000 m)
cNODE® operates with either the HiPAP/HPR 400 channels and telemetry or with the new Cymbal® acoustic protocol. The cNODE® design is very modular and covers a large range of applications
with its variety of different transducers, internal and external sensors, housing materials and other add-on functions. Both new configurations and software can easliy be downloaded from the Transponder Test and Configuration unit (TTC30) without opening the transponder.
The floating collar and release design make the launch/recovery operation safe and easy.
• Operates together with HiPAP®, HPR and cPAP® transceivers.
• Compatible with both Cymbal® acoustic protocol for positioning and data link, and HiPAP®/HPR 400 channels and telemetry.
• SSBL positioning.
• LBL positioning.
• Range measurement between transponders (typical, 1 σ standard deviation):— Range accuracy: 0.02 m.— Repeatability: 0.01 m.
• Acoustic data link for command and data transfer.
• Both transponder and responder functions.
• Internal tilt sensor ± 90°. Accuracy ± 2°.
• Pressure relief valve and vent screw (safety devices).
• External connector for transponder configuration and software update via serial line (TTC30).
• Modular design such that the transducer, transponder electronics, battery pack and optional add-ons can be replaced individually.
Internal tilt sensor: ± 90°.
Accuracy: ± 2°
Range accuracy: 0.02 m.
Repeatability: 0.01 m
Ideal for subsea positioning
DP reference solution
For subsea construction operations.